Are you considering a medical massage in Rochester, NY? Look no further than FORM Massage Therapy & Integrative Health for healing medical massage at the hands of our experts. After a session in our relaxed atmosphere, you’ll walk out feeling like a different person. Inquire about pricing and scheduling when you contact our staff at FORM at 585-752-3644 or continue exploring the resources on our website to learn more about medical massage therapy and its benefits.
3 Key Differences Between a Medical Massage & Spa Massage
1. A major difference that separates a medical massage from all other types of massage is the relationship that forms between the client and massage therapist. Since the medical massage is intensely focused on relieving pain or some type of medical need, it typically results in a lasting relationship, rather than a one-time visit to a spa.
If you’re considering a vitality massage, or what is commonly referred to as a pain relief massage, you may find that your health insurance plan covers part or all of the cost; forming a long-term relationship with a massage therapist who accepts your coverage would be highly beneficial.
2. With a medical massage, both the client and the therapist will outline goals and work toward them through a series of sessions. Along with follow-up massage visits, a treatment plan will likely include at-home exercises to strengthen muscles or improve range of motion.
A single spa massage will include no such goals for the future; rather the client will receive the benefits of a single massage session, whether through relaxation or invigoration.
3. A medical massage in Rochester, NY may involve a number of massage techniques to target the issues the client is dealing with. A deep tissue massage in a spa setting may have relaxation as an end goal, while during a medical massage, the same type of technique may be only one of many different methods used for a specific outcome.
Therapeutic massage techniques vary slightly from one massage therapist to another, however, they typically all align with certain protocols taught by instructors. Once you find a massage therapist who is able to deliver the kind of results you have in mind, repeated visits are highly recommended.
Spend a few minutes visiting FORM Massage Therapy & Integrated Health online to learn more about massage techniques we employ, including Bodywork that can significantly improve your quality of life. Massage sessions at FORM are affordable:
- 30 Minute Medical Massage: $50
- 60 Minute medical Massage: $80
- 90 Minute Medical Massage: $110
Book your next massage online or contact our office by calling 585-752-3644. Follow us on social media to stay connected and call to schedule your first massage when you’re ready to experience the healing benefits of a medical massage in Rochester, NY.
Additional massage options are available at Form, as well, including Hot Stone Massage, Pregnancy Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Massage Cupping, Reiki, and Ear Candling. For more information about our massage clinic, reach out to our staff with your questions.